How interesting it is to make a blanket of white snow with the sieve!
How wonderful it feels to scoop it in our hands and let it drop back into the bowl!
How squishy it feels between our toes!
How sweet we look with our face dusted white with flour!
This is our recipe… it has always made wonderful playdough.
- 3 cups flour + a little set aside for kneeding
- 1/2 cups salt
- 2 tbs. cream of tatar (usually found in the supermarket spice section)
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 cups boiling water
- a few drops of essential oil (optional but oh so nice for added sensory pleasure)
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the oil to the boiling water (add a few drops essential oil here; our favorites are lavender, peppermint or eucalyptus.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, carefully (it is hot!)