We planted a pretty little SPRING garden in some sea shells. It looks adorable and brings a burst of Easter color into our home. Kitty has stolen it for her room. All of our best creations end up in there.
All you need to plant your own shell garden are some medium sized shells and some pretty Spring plants of the dwarf variety.
The feather butterfly was Kitty’s idea. Sweet, isn’t it?
1. To plant, remove the plants from their pots and gently loosen the roots so that the excess soil falls away.
2. Clean the shells.
3. For the shells that don’t want to stand properly (the lazy ones who just want to fall over and sleep all the time) glue an O ring onto the shell’s base with glue from a hot glue gun. The O ring balances the shell so that it stays upright.
4. Plant the plants into the shells.
5. Water the plants by spraying them with a spray bottle filled with water.
6. Add a pretty little feather butterfly.
Now to steal them back from Kitty’s room.
It’s so exciting that Spring is nearly here. Yay!
Here are some more delightful DIY Spring crafts from the archives.
Blessings and magic,